JSP Visual Week In Review | 06.02.12
Wow. Starting off the halfway point to there year. Yikes. Can you believe it?
So, got any plans for this summer? Taking any trips? Celebrating any Jubilees?
It was more work than play for me this week. After the long weekend and neighborhood BBQ, it was a back to the grindstone. How come 4 day weeks seem to go more slowly than a normal week?
This week, I dipped into some of my archives. As you may have discerned, I shoot a lot – sometimes so much, I forget to go back and edit photos. Days, weeks, then months pass. If I go back to some of those images files, it’s like being reacquainted with old friends. I guess that happens.
One very cool thing this week was that I was happy to see my friends at Rear Curtain publish Issue 2 of their their photojournalism magazine. Some REALLY good work in it – they keep raising the bar. And I’m proud and honored to have another one of my noir images it to help close the book. You really should check out this grassroots photojournalism effort.
Big week coming up…you’ll see why…
This Week’s Links
* Photographer/traveler/photographer Flemming Bo Jensen has put together an absolutely superb book, Diario del Peru. You’ve GOT to see this.
* Stanley Kubrick’s photographs of New York City in the 1940′s. Very cool.
* From LUCEO’s Kendrick Brinson portraits: Piper and Katie.
* Forgot this one earlier: Inside The World’s Only Tintype Photography Studio.
* “When you really start to look, all of life is interesting.” -Inge Morath
© Mark V. Krajnak 2012 | JerseyStyle Photography | All rights Reserved