JSP Visual Week In Review | 03.16.13
It was a big week. Not as big a week for me as it was for this guy, but a big week nonetheless.
After a three-month sprint, my big project finally…finally….launched.
I should be happy, right? Me and the team I was working with got it done under pretty tough odds. So I should be popping a cold one and breathing a sigh of relief.
But I’m not. And not sure I ever will. Why? Because while the site works well for many, many people, it’s not working right for the internal community at my job. So, we’re still working on it. The team is still tinkering. Except that, well, now we’ve missed our deadline, and people above me aren’t happy. There’ some blame, and no blame, to go around. It’s easy to say this stuff happens, you just wish we could have foreeen some of it. I know this is the nature of the game, but I hate missing deadlines.
I may go into this project more in-depth soon. Not yet. But soon. Check it out, though, let me know what you think of it as an online report (company saved 1.2 million pounds of paper, so that’s definitely a good thing.)
It was a long week. Between getting up at 5 a.m. Monday and Tuesday to make sure the last bits of that project were ready, to spending 4 hours on Wednesday night in a Google + Hangout with the development team trying to fix the issues, to my wife being sick in bed on Wednesday and Thursday….I was exhausted by 9:30 pm on Friday night.
But now she’s feeling better, I spent a lot of time with my kids this week and, no matter what, the sun will come up tomorrow.
Time to get back on the horse and just get it done.
This Weeks’s Links:
* I’m entering a few pics a new Nik Software contest. I run 90 percent of my images thorugh a Nik filter, color or B&W, most of the time when doing my post processing. Love this software.
* Most incredible story you’ll read all day.
* Conclave, a short film by Christopher Morris for TIME.
* Love this blog post, Amazing Manila, from Joe McNally.
* Incredible Story #2 for the week. (long read)
* “You don’t learn anything repeating what you know.” ~ Gary Winograd
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All rights Reserved 2013