JSP Visual Week In Review | 05.25.13
It’s here, it’s here!
It’s really here!
Summer, that is.
Well, maybe not by the calendar but once Memorial Day Weekend hits here in the United States, to me, it’s Summertime.
The early morning have been cloudy and a bit foggy; the late day light has been getting really soft, warm and nice. Around my way, the farms are cutting the newly grown hay (the straw and hay business if very big around here.) Makes for some picturesque rides home. This week we had the air conditioning on…but now it’s so chilly, I have a fire going.
Such is spring.
I spent this week working on a project for work. I also had the opportunity to shoot a collection of local crime fiction writers reading from their work at an event called Noir At The Bar. A post coming on that soon – it was fun and challenging (photographically speaking) at the same time.
The best part is…The Jersey Shore is open for business. Many of the most popular beaches – Asbury Park, Belmar, Spring Lake, Point Pleasant – hit all their deadlines. The boardwalks were rebuilt, the stores and food stands were able to open. The owners and the state did a great job after Hurrican Sandy. That’s not to say that there are many, many other towns still ravaged, people still going through hardship. But we’ve bounced back and that’s good to see. So much so that, after that horrible tornado in Oklahoma, a contingent of NJ people were heading there. First, because it’s fresh in their minds as to what needs to get done. Second, to give back.
Great for them!
I’m hoping to hit a boardwalk this weekend, with the kids.
Because it’s summertime. It’s what we do.
This Week’s Links:
* Neat: A Parisian couple flees the outbreak of WWII. After 70 years, here is their apartment.
* RIP photographer Wayne Miller.
* Love this environmental portrait from North Carolina photographer Roger May: Mr. Tom Pecco. (Rodger is a recent find of mind and I can’t get enough of his work. Seek him out. Follow him. You’ll be happy you did.)
* “You are extremely sweet and foxy.” Oh Barry!
* From Max Vadukul, love these B&W images of Brad Pitt.
* Through The Lens of Eggleston. (I wouldn’t mind having 18 Leica’s…)
* Video: A little taste of what the new NJ boardwalks are looking like.
* “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” ~ Beverly Sills
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All Rights Reserved 2013