JSP Visual Week In Review | 06.08.13
The week started wet, with me shooting the Magic City bus wrap on the NJ Turnpike (pretty cool concept – Miami Beach in New Jersey).
It ended with a drenching, thanks to Tropical Storm Andrea, and a slow ride home last night.
In between, we finished up the t-ball season and ground through five more days that took us to the end of the early part of June.
Next week, the pages of the calendar will keep ticking off, daring us to make something of them. I’ve started on a new project for work, with a deliverable in just over a month. Not quite AR-rush, but close. Good one though.
I also have some photo projects I have in mind that I need to get started on. They haven’t added any new hours to the day lately, so I guess it’s up to me to make the time to get on them.
Yippee-kai-yay, off we go….
This Week’s Links:
* From the NY Times Lens blog: Photographing On Top Of The World
* CNN: Behind The Picture: RFK Assasination
* The New Yorker goes noir for June.
* Through A New Lens – photo retrospective in the NY Times.
* I got my journalistic start as a “stringer” for a small newspaper in Wilkes-Barre, PA. One of the editors who taught me the ropes, Neil Corbett, recently retired. Here’s a nice column about the man that taught me about lede and slugs and covering sports.
* Powerful photo essay: On the Inside: Venezuela’s Most Dangerous Prison by Sebastián Liste
* Use an iPad for your photography? Here’s action/outdoor photographer Dan Bailey’s workflow.
* I won’t curse the darkness, I’ll light a candle. ~ John H. White
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All Rights Reserved 2013