JSP Visual Week In Review | 06.29.13
So we’ve given this June/summer thing a test drive and we like it. Let’s keep it around for a while, shall we?
Sure, we’ll take the heat and humidity that we here in the Great State of New Jersey experienced this past week.
We’ll take those wicked thunderstorms that rolled through the state too (well, a little less of them, maybe)
The walks in the local woods and on the Asbury Park boardwalk? More please!
This week took me from one extreme to the next.
Monday, I was in the middle of the masses on 6th Ave in New York City, shooting some street photography.
Wednesday evening, I was in the middle of a horse auction, and, if I didn’t know any better, I’d have thought I was in a ranch in Wyoming, not a couple of miles off a main road in Centerl New Jersey. I think I’ve found a new photostory to shoot there, but I’ll have to put in a little work to get the trust and confidence of the proprieters to do it justice.
I did a photoshoot in a corporate gym…and I oversaw some executive headshots.
Like I said, it was a week of extremes. But in a good way.
A new month of sunshine and squeals, weather patterns and ice cream await. Burgers and turtles and sunshine, I hope. June, it was a nice visit. Let’s do more.
Make way for July.
This Week’s Links
* Nice interview with my friend, fine art photographer Mark Olwick, over at Gura Gear.
* Another good interview – this one with Chicago Trib photojournalist Scott Strazzante on his Common Ground project.
* Ed Drew’s tintypes from Afghanastan.
* Annie Leibovitz on getting the shot.
* Leica Alma. I could watch this again and again.
* Vin Scully’s Ode To Summer
* “What, I’m fired?” ~ Don Draper (I was not a fan of Season 6 of Mad Men.)
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All Rights Reserved 2013