JSP Visual Week In Review | 03.15.14
We don’t live far from Six Flags Great Adventure Amusement Park.
They really need a new ride there: The Weather Rollercoaster.
Because, it wouldn’t be hard to do. The weather right around us is up and down enough. The basis is there.
Last weekend, there was a nip in the air and it felt like Winter wasn’t done yet. Then, mid-week, it was nearly 70 and people were singing Hallelujah. (Just not like Leonard Coen.)
The next day…it was 19 degree when we woke up, with a wind that was pushing me sideways as I walked to my office.
It evened out a little a day later. This weekend should be OK, but the are calling for possible snow on Monday, St. Patty’s Day.
And it’s 18 Days till First Pitch.
Anytime now, Spring. Any time.
This Week’s Links:
* Wondering if our tax return could fund this.
* Video: Joe McNally: Three Speedlights and The Truth.
* International Center of Photography (ICP in NYC) set to close midtown museum.
* How Combat Photography Stacy Pearsall Got One Of the Military’s Highest Honors.
* “At twilight on 10th Avenue, the sidewalks of lower Chelsea, in the island kingdom of Manhattan, are thronged with creatures of every ilk.” From Mike Sager.
* Good read from Daniel Milnor: The Photographer Drone
* Infographic: How To Keep Your Creativity Flowing.
* “Photography is the art of observation. It has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with how you seem them.” ~ Elliott Erwitt