JSP Visual Week In Review | 05.03.14
This train keeps rollin’, don’t it?
After an auspicious April that included my little girl’s birthday, my birthay, we’ve run smack dab into May.
And another big month: My first son will celebrate his 4th birthday, my wife and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and my parents will celebrate their 50th.
Yes, you read that right – their 50th. Wow. Talk about making something stick.
May is also the time here in the Great State of New Jersey were Spring really seems to arrive. There’s always that chance of snow in April, but I think we’re out of the woods there. The grass has greened up nicely, the buds on the trees are finally deciding to awaken, and I hear the bullfrogs croaking in the late evenings when I take my dogs out.
The light is really nice too.
So, we’ll be taking advantage of it. More outside adventures and trips, near and far.
It’s another month to celebrate.
Get after it.
This Week’s Links:
* AdoramaPix announced the Top 100 winners of their “Your Best Shot 2013 Contest.” I’m honored that, out of more than 3,000 entries, one of my noir images made the cut. Check the Top 101 here. (mine is 7th row, first one. if you’re on FB, please “Like” it to help push it to the next round.)
* The absurdity of life. Watch:‘Verbatim: What Is a Photocopier?’
* Where are the photos? Seattle-based fine art photographer Mark Olwick tells us.
* Announced: The 2014 Sony World Photography Awards.
* From NY Times Lens: Joao Silva on Twenty Years After Apartheid. So powerful.
* From NY Times Lens: New Space and New Conversations for I.C.P.
* One my sportwriting heroes, Gary Smith, is retiring.
* Pretty good life advice, whatever age you are.
* From INC. magazine: How to focus in a world of distraction.
* “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another.” ~ Thomas Merton
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All Rights Reserved 2014