JSP Visual Week In Review | 08.23.14
This was one of those weeks where I didn’t think I shot very much, but then looking back I guess I did.
Two weeks ago, the excitement and anticipation of vacation was upon the family. One week ago, we locked the door to the vacation rental and hit the long black road on home.
Reentry to work wasn’t too bad, broken up nicely by the arrival, for a couple of days, of my sister and her kids. Then, a little bit more this and that, including a head shot session with a guy I’ve known for 15 years. We were on the same communications staff back in 1998, and now again work for the same company (though not on the same staff.) He’s hardly changed in honor or appearance since I first met him.
Other kids antics this week: Rough housing led Liv to the emergency room. Thankfully, the elbow is just bruised, no hard cast needed. Got the training wheels on Chase’s bike; he’s been a bit fearful of it since getting it for his birthday in May but he rode like a champ yesterday. Kids got their new schools shoes…well, school sneakers.
They seem to be excited to head back to school, much more so than I ever was. The close of the last three months, an the flip to September, give me a heavy heart, much like turning the key in the lock of the vacation house did last weekend. Time marches on.
That said…some REALLY neat things are on the burner. Stay tuned, more on that later this week probably….
This Week’s Links:
* Excited to be part of Lenscratch’s 2014 Road Trip virtual exhibit. (19th image on page 1)
* Watch: Great interview with photojournalist Ben Lowy.
* Trailer: A Dame To Kill For (love how this is shot)
* PSA: How To Fix A Phone That’s Been Dropped In A Toilet (or other water source)
* Bears repeating: 10 Photoshop Tips Everyone Needs To Know
* Watch: About a year ago, I shot the images for this slideshow: By Appointment Or Chance.
* “A thimbleful of red is redder than a bucketful.” —Henri Matisse
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All Rights Reserved 2014