JSP Visual Week In Review | 11.29.14
The year is quickly coming to a close.
Like a headlong tumble down a hillside, we’re all spinning.
Just got done with the Thanksgiving festivities here in the U.S., under the dark ugliness that is occurring in Ferguson, MO. Already, though, my wife has transformed our house into a Christmas oasis of garland and white beelights.
My middle guy, Chase, is in his holiday glory. He’s been asking me if he could come get our Christmas Tree (next weekend) with me since July. No joke.
I spent part of yesterday afternoon in the garage, straightening up my shelves while listening to Social Distortion. While shopping excess erupted (they had to shut down the Jersey Gardens Mall because of excess people), I had my nice little area of peace, with concrete under my feet.
Still much to do in 2014.
Let’s get after it.
* Eerie location, nice work here from Karen Johnson.
* I had an awesome 45 minute trail run on Thanksgiving morning. Perhaps inspired by the 25 Best Running Movies of All Time.
* David Bowman is as great a storyteller as he is photographer.
* Watch: Shelter
* Watch (and listen. Beautiful music): Postcards from Pripyat, Chernobyl
* “Photography appears to be an easy activity; in fact it is a varied and ambiguous process in which the only common denominator among its practitioners is in the instrument.” ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson
PS: Don’t forget, if you’re in the NJ area on Tuesday, December 2, stop out to The Saint in Asbury Park. I’ll be emceeing Noir At The Bar, were a collection of local crime fiction writers will read from their works. We’re also taking up a collection for the local Toys for Tots organization.
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All Rights Reserved 2014