JSP Visual Week In Review | 01.10.15
The slog is on.
Deep freeze hit the Great State of New Jersey this week. Winter arrived.
Cold temps. Wind. A little snow.
The slog to Spring is on.
I didn’t even do much shooting this week. Just buried into my coat and scarf, put my head down to walk from the truck to my job and back. Cranked the heat in said truck. Battled my ongoing sinus infection.
Hunkered down, basically.
On another front, my wife, Leslie, and I are trying out a non-meat movement. No pork, chicken or beef. She’s also forgoing fish, but I’m keeping that. It’s part health (on my side, a history of high cholesterol and heart attacks) and humane (have you seen some of those slaughter house videos on YouTube?). There’s also the factor of all the junk they give animals to fatten them up, which then ends up in us. And how cows contribute to global warming.
Anyway, we’re 10 days in now and it’s going pretty well. I made some awesome “meatballs” out of mushrooms last Monday, and Les has been making some pretty tasty dishes with tofu and/or lentils all week. That said, if anyone knows any good non-meat websites or recipes, shoot me an email!
Slog on, friends.
This Week’s Links
* A little pub for me and TROUBLE IN THE HEARTLAND in a local paper.
* What I’m reading, Part One. Wow, so good.
* What I’m reading, Part Two. From my buddy, Duane Swierczynski, who I knew at college. Novel takes place in Philly and my old hometown of Northeast PA. I recognize so many places he writes about, it’s scary.
* Trevor. Really?
* How Whiskey Is Made. Brilliant Multimedia.
* The Eiffel Tower goes dark to remember the Paris attack victims.
* James Nachtwey on the set of SELMA.
* Boosting creativity by looking at art.
* “Every dumb thing I ever done in my life there was a decision I made before that got me into it. It was never the dumb thing. It was always some choice I’d made before it.” ~ Cormac McCarthy.
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All Rights Reserved 2015