JSP Visual Week In Review | 02.07.15
Spent most of the week back up in my old hometown of Swoyersville, PA. My dad had some surgery last Monday, and came home yesterday. He’s been having a rough time of it since his open-heart surgery back in October, so hopefully this will have corrected some issues.
Been nice going back home these past few months. Been noticing more things, taking things in. Carrying a camera so much lets me see more, not just look. Sure, I’ve enjoyed trips to Russia, India, Japan, etc. But just going a few miles outside the beaten path can be eye-opening too.
We’re in that mid-winter freeze out now. Still, days are getting longer and we can almost see the end of the tunnel. We’re not there yet, but we’re getting there.
This Week’s Links:
* RIP film nor femme fatale (and Scranton, PA native) Lizabeth Scott.
* Most Inspiring Photographer: Congrats Joe McNally!
* And congrats to Elliott Erwitt, too.
* Good read: How Technicolor Changed Storytelling.
* My buddy, Australian author Andrew Nette on Hollywood and remakes.
* “A mad, keen photographer needs to get out into the world and work and make mistakes.” ~ Sam Abell
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All Rights Reserved 2015