JSP Visual Week In Review 05 | 02 | 15
May Day! May Day!
Ok, I’m a day late for May Day. But we did make it to Month #5 of this year 2015 A.D.
Here in the Great State of New Jersey, the grass has greened up nicely, the buds on the trees have broken through and the pollen count is through the roof. My sinuses tell me so.
As I sat down to do this post, I thought I really didn’t shoot much this week. But…I did. It was just with a new tool, not my regular cameras (Canon 50D, Canon S110). Last week, my job pried my trusty Blackberry out of my hands. Said they are supporting it anymore for work. I had to “upgrade” to a real smartphone. I don’t like the Evil Apple Empire so I chose a base model Android device – the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (had to stay within a certain budget range.) All week I’ve been trying to figure this little guy out. And, of course, take pictures with it. (Post coming up on that soon). So, most of the photos up top here were shot with that, and processed with SnapSeed.
Anyway,Happy May. Back up that April work!
* Happy Birthday Philipe Halsman (May 2, 1906 – June 25, 1979)
* Because of that new smartphone, I’m now on Instragram.
* It’s Troubleshooter Month! I’ll be partnering with Bard to give away prints to help support the new book.
* Good advice on journalism. And in general.
* History of The Jersey Shore Music – good read by Wallace Stroby.
* David Letterman reflects on 33 years of late-night television. (Love the cups shot by Damon Winter)
* When Photography Campaigns For Change.
* “It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another to make a portrait of who they are.” ~ Philipe Halsman
PS: This post went out early for some reason. Hope you’re seeing the full post! Sorry about that.
(c)Mark Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | 2015
Hates Evil Apple Empire…chooses a Google-powered device because Google =/= Evil? lol.
Having used both and switching back and forth several times though, I do think Android is the better choice.
Ha, Adrian…very fair point. I guess Google is that, too. My perception is different towards Google, though, I guess because I like their products better (Kindle over iPad, music store over iTunes.) But you’re right, that knife cuts both ways.
Pingback: RIP RIMM (AKA Blackberry) | JerseyStyle Photography