Eye Candy: Summer Reading List – The Finale
So, this is how my Summer Reading List ends.
- The Beast Time Forgot – Jim Harrison
- Cannibals: Stories From The Edge Of The Pine Barrens – Jen Conley
- Man From B.A.R. (short story) – Richard Ford
- Golden Land (short story) – William Faulkner
- They Only Hang You Once (short story) – Dashielle Hammett
- A Man Called Spade (short story) – Dashielle Hammett
- Westward Ho – Jim Harrison
- The Bear – William Faulkner
- Off To The Side (A Memoir) – Jim Harrison
- Alvin’s Secret Code – Clifford Hicks
- Cimarron Rose – James Lee Burke
- Something on the American Civil War (vacation house read)
I read what I wanted to, didn’t get to some (yet), stopped reading a couple that I started and just couldn’t get into.
I realize, too, I really like the novella. Very underrated.
And it was fun to read Alvin’s Secret Code, one of my favorite books as a kid around 4th Grade. I bought it for Olivia to read on vacation. I don’t think she digs it unfortunately. I highly recommend it for if you know a kid in that age bracket. It’s a little dated, what with all the gizmos out there now, but still fun. Also fun to re-read this Hardy Boys book now.
These three are a still in progress. In a couple days, summer ends, and so does this reading list. Already compiling for the fall, of which I have a few in the hopper.
How about you – what did you read this summer that you liked? Put it in the list below.
(Speaking of reading, THIS contest is still going on. Get in on it.)
(c)Mark Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | 2016
I thought I was the only one who, at age 50 read the Hardy Boys now and again as a kind of guilty pleasure. Every time I go home to visit my father in PA I grab one of my old ones of the shelf and read it.