JSP Visual Week In Review ~ 05.19.18
My week in review:
- Sunday was Mother’s Day
- Tuesday was me and Leslie’s 14th wedding anniversary
- Wednesday was my Mom & Dad’s 54 wedding anniversary
- Thursday was my son Chase’s 8th birthday
- Friday was my nephew’s birthday
- Thursday, a beautiful 10 year little girl from Paramus, NJ, died because the school bus she was in made an illegal U-turn on a busy highway and got smashed into by a dump truck.
- A teacher also was killed in that tragedy. 43 other people were hurt.
- Ten students died in a school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas. Even more sadly, they expected it.
One week, two ends of the spectrum.
This week’s links:
What I’m reading this week: The Air Raid Killer
What I watched this week: 20 minutes of Capote. Man, Philip Seymour Hoffman is good.
I also read about, and watched on YouTube, a good bunch on Albert Watson.
The Atlantic: How the 50mm lens became normal.
FStoppers: The first travel photographer
Rangefinder: Is LED the future of flash photography?
Is concert photography just PR now?
When John Vachon (who’s birthday it is today) photographed Marilyn.
“I think of that with my photographs. I think of them as ‘found’ paintings because I don’t crop them, I don’t manipulate them or anything. So they’re like ‘found’ objects to me”. ~ Dennis Hopper
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All Rights Reserved 2018