JSP Visual Week In Review | 06.14.14
Smack dab in the middle of June.
It was one of the wettest weeks in recent memory. Had rain, at least a little, every day it seemed. And the humidity – good ol’ Jersey humidity – started to kick in to. You walk outside and four minutes later, your t-shirt is clinging to your chest.
I’m not complaining. I’m a heat and hot weather guy. Plus, the threat of rain gave me some cool dramatic clouds to shoot.
And if it’s mid-June, that means Father’s Day is here. Well, tomorrow. But in MY house we celebrate it all weekend. Well, at least I try to invoke the “Hey, it’s Father’s Day Weekend!” anthem whenever I want to try to get my way. (still doesn’t often work.)
My goal for this weekend? Grill a whole fish. I bought a small charcoal grill earlier this week and want to give it a shot. So if anyone has any advice, please send it along. We’ll see how it goes.
This Week’s Links
* Joe McNally has a new Language of Light video out. Looks good!
* These ice surfing pictures are amazing.
* Beautiful D-Day remembrance images from David Burnett.
* Watch: James Victore on Should You Work For Free
* OJ at 20: How it changed media.
* Photography Theory: A Bluffer’s Guide.
* From NY Times Lens: A German Rebel In South Africa
* Of course I liked this: Learn The Rules of Film Noir and How To Light It
* Flash Fiction: Shirtsleeves
* “Dreams don’t come true just because you dream them – It’s hard work that makes things happen. It’s hard work that creates change. Ditch the dream and be a doer. Don’t be a dreamer.” ~ Shonda Rimes
© Mark V. Krajnak | JerseyStyle Photography | All Rights Reserved 2014